Ocean Villas is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you.
The data controller is Ocean Villas Limited of 18 Forest Road, Loughton, IG10 1DX.
WEBSITE – What information do we collect?
We will collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, site errors, length of visits to certain pages, and methods used to browse away from the page. The information collected is anonymous.
When you make an enquiry - What information do we collect?
We will collect your name, contact telephone number and e-mail address.
When you make a booking - What information do we collect?
We will collect your name, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and postal address. Further we will collect information about the members of your party including name, age, date of birth, birth town, country and place of residence, and passport information, including passport number, start date, expiry date and country of issue.
Advanced Passenger Information (API) is required by many countries prior to arrival (or departure). API information includes personal identity information such as name, passport details, visa information, nationality, transit and destination data. Airlines and transport companies are required to transmit this information by law and data entry is requested at the time of ticket issue. To comply with these regulations Ocean Villas passes the relevant information to the transport companies who transmit the information to the relevant authorities.
How we will use your personal data
Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- to enable us to fulfil your booking;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products and services we feel may interest you;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- to identify you on our web site in order to allow you to manage your enquiries and bookings;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide customer service;
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds identified below
Performance of a Contract
When you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This may include passport information for you and your party that are required by legal obligation to provide to foreign governments.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from this at any time. This is done on the basis that it is in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Who we might share your information with
Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
Passport information will be destroyed on completion of transfer to the required foreign governments, unless you ask us to keep it.
You have the right to ask us at any time
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator, Ocean Villas Limited of 18 Forest Road, Loughton, IG10 1DX.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Where you consent, we will obtain information about your general usage of our web site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service and more personalised content and marketing.
- to estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- to store information about your shortlisted properties, and your chosen currency
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
- to remarket to you after you leave our site.
· Cookie Type
· Analytics (provided by Google inc.)
· These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
· Remarketing cookies
· These 3rd-party cookies are provided by remarketing platform (Google and Facebook) to track which pages you have visited in order to advertise products you may be interested in on Google, Facebook and other sites.
Ocean Villas Limited
Registered in England and Wales Reg No: 04175986
Registered at 18 Forest Road, Loughton, IG10 1DX